Monday, September 19, 2011

Audrey Laura Michelle Elliott

We found out that we were expecting another bundle of joy June of 2008 due date Feb 11th 2009. We had just moved into our house on Orange Vista Way. I wasn’t feeling all that great during the move in May, I was lifting and painting, I thought I was just tired from all that was going on. You would have thought that I knew better by now! In 2008-2009 I planned the most weddings for our business, besides doing things with the kids and family. Needless to say it was a very busy time.
Audrey’s pregnancy was very uneventful until the end. I had some bowel issues that resulted in a necessary bed rest for 2 weeks in the middle of November. Until the bowel issues I thought I was having a boy and then I had this real sense that…no, I think this is a girl.  I thought the bowel issues was going to complicate the delivery but quite the opposite happened. Thursday January 22nd I went to MOPS with the kids. I started to have contractions every 5 minutes and they weren’t easy, they meant business. I labored all day and then the next day they were more like every 40 minutes. Saturday I was a little tired had a contraction every now and then but nothing serious. So Sunday morning I woke up and got ready for church with the kids. Went to church had lunch and then came home. I wasn’t feeling all that great so we decided to stay home and rest for the evening. Around 10 pm I FINALLY realized I was in labor and we called for reinforcements. What had happened is I went straight into transition without a lot of pre-labor since my body had already labor the previous days. Karen, our midwife, arrived and I knew then I needed to get to my room…the baby was coming. I pushed for about 20 minutes,  I was in a bit of disbelief since it seemed too early to have the baby, I wasn’t over due yet! I was a little shocked by that. Audrey Laura Michelle was born on January 26th (Australia Day) at 12:50 am. She weighed 8 lbs 14 oz and was 20 inches long.



I did not tare and felt really great. I wasn’t shocked that the baby was a girl. She was born with dark brown wavy hair. She was a great baby. She started sleeping through the night sooner than the other kids did, it was a dream. She was pretty easy going but FULL of personality. She had two others to compete with! She was also the fastest baby I recovered from (helps when they are under 9 lbs).


Audrey Fun Facts:
Toys: Audrey loves playing kitchen and riding her tricycle
She loves to swing and is also pretty athletic
Food: Her first word was “cracker” …yes she loves her food
Favorite Color: I think she is still deciding but she likes purple and pink
She started to suck her thumb at 4 months while we were on our trip to Australia in 2009, she was teething
Favorite Movie: “How to train your Dragon” (Cracks me up)


Audrey has had a scowl on her face since she was born. She knows what she wants and tries to get it. She was the first to talk in sentences (9-12 months) which has its advantages and disadvantages. Number one advantage is that you can communicate with her pretty well for 12 months – problem is…she wont stop talking. She can memorize anything and recite it. I have been amazed so often at what she can learn, especially in Family Devotions. She has learned many bible verses and hymns and will walk up to me and start saying one of them. My prayer for Audrey is that she can use her ‘gift’ of words as she grows and matures to bless people and win many for the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment