Monday, September 19, 2011

Emma Elizabeth Marie Elliott

We found out that we were expecting our #2 child in November of 2006. We were in Australia visiting James' family. I wasn't feeling that well and so we decided to take a test just in case, well! Surprise! I was about 3 1/2 months along. I was pretty excited since my older brother and I are 16 months apart and we had a great time a kids together. I remember the pregnancy was a little tougher. This time we also decided to have the baby at home. We were referred to our midwife Karen Baker, I was pretty excited but at little apprehensive about it. Since we didn't know ahead of time what we were having, there wasn't much to do in getting ready. We did have to borrow another crib since Liam was still so young he wasn't ready for a big boy bed yet.
2 days over due

The due date for baby number two was April 24th. I was bigger and carrying the baby more on the sides than out front. I had a feeling it was a girl and prayed that it would be. Well April 24th came and went. My family decided to go to Disneyland for my birthday April 26th so we went. Boy, I did a lot of walking. Besides being very tired nothing happened. My lifelong friend, Jessica Wiley/Fredrickson, came to be with me May 4-6. It was fun, we went and watched the church play Saturday morning soccer and walked laps around the field. Again feeling nothing but a bit tired. Sunday morning just about 7 am, I sat up in bed and my water broke. I was so excited I knew what that meant. We called my mom and the mid-wife and Jess also decided to stay. The three of us walked down to a park and did some laps to see if that would help bring my labor on. Serious contractions didn't kick in until 2 pm. James worked graveyard the night before so he was ready to get up at that time. Around 5 pm I started to push. After a good hour of pushing Emma was born 9 lbs 10 oz and 21 inches long.



She was a very beautiful round baby. What I noticed about Emma was that she wasn't as relaxed at Liam was when he was born. She wanted to be hugged and cuddled all the time. Emma grew very quickly. When she was 3 months she wore 6 months clothes, but by the time she was 6 months she wear 18-24 month sizes. Not for length but for her thickness and her very cute belly! She had four very distinct rolls on her arms and three on her legs. She also had two rolls on her neck. We used to have to stretched the rolls out to get her clean enough. She was pretty heavy to carry around, I was very thankful for my two seater stroller.

Emma rolled over around 6 months and walked at 11 months. Once she started moving she started to slim down, and get very tall for her age. She wore the same clothes for a year because she could grow into the length. Another funny memory about Emma is that when we would ask for a hug she would offer her head and turn her body away. It was so funny, we had to train her how to hug properly. She does the 'leaning' hug now if she is too busy playing to give us a cuddle.



Emma Fun Facts
Toys: Love to play princess, dress up and family
She loves to color and do crafts
Favorite Color: Pink
Clothes: She wants to wear dresses all the time and 'soft clothes'
Bike: Unlike Liam, Emma is very timid on her bike and takes it very slow
She loves to dance and loves babies!

Emma was a very determined baby and required a lot of discipline early on. I thought girls were a lot of work, but it was really her personality and attitude coming out. I think the Lord used Emma to teach me many things about myself, as a mother and sinner too. I was pretty busy when I had Emma, I was learning to juggle two kids and a new Wedding Planning Business. My prayer for Emma is that she will keep her sweetness and meekness and grown into a beautiful Godly young woman.
Emma's 3rd Birthday Party

No comments:

Post a Comment